Do you face the Roblox error message with code 279 on your screen?
If yes, then don’t worry about it. It is just a connection problem due to interference. Maybe this error occurs due to a slow internet connection or an empty game error.
The most common causes of Error Code 279 are incorrect Windows Firewall, Browser Extensions, Invalid Port Addresses, and Antivirus difficulties. You can fix the Roblox Error Code 279 problem by disabling the antivirus, ad blockers, and Windows Firewall. You should also check the internet connection and fix it.
Table of Contents
21 Easy Solutions on How To Fix Roblox Error Code 279
Is Roblox causing you to become annoyed since you are unable to join any game?
Simply follow the steps shown below to solve your Roblox error code in under two minutes.
You don’t have to follow all of them. You can begin with these solutions one by one and see which solves your problem:
- Changing the default browser to Google Chrome
- Remove all temporary internet folders
- Manually providing ROBLOX permission through Windows Defender Firewall
- Rebooting the browser’s default settings
- Update Your Internet Browser
- Inactivate antivirus
- Change to A Mainstream Web Browser
- Reduce Browser Security
- Inactivate Browser Extensions
- Inactivate Ad blockers
- Configure your internet settings
- Allow Access to Necessary Internet Ports
- Reinstall Roblox
- Install the Roblox app from the Microsoft Store
- Troubleshoot Network-Related Issues
- Renew the IP Lease
- Clear the DNS Cache on Your Computer
- Make the switch to a wired internet connection
- Switch DNS Servers
- Disable the Windows Firewall
- Reinstall the Roblox Player or App
Check out the simple steps of these solutions in detail.
Solution 1: Changing the Default Browser to Google Chrome
If you are using any other browser as the default browser, then you can face this error. To solve this problem you have to just change the default browser to Google Chrome.
Just go to the search tab in the drop-down menu band then search the default apps.
Then select Google Chrome to make it the default browser.
Solution 2: Remove All Temporary Internet Folders
Sometimes you have a lot of cache folders that’s why you face the Roblox error code on your screen.
You should remove the temporary internet folders to solve the error code problem.
Sometimes, a lot of internet security software seeks to limit which apps are allowed to connect to the internet. You must also disable them.
Solution 3: Manually Providing ROBLOX Permission through Windows Defender Firewall
To fix the Roblox error code you should first close the browser. Then turn off the Windows Firewall for a few minutes before returning to ROBLOX and playing games.
If you still face the issue then follow the given steps to solve it:
- First, go to the Windows Defender Firewall.
- Then you can see the Window Defender on and off option on your screen.
- Select the off option for both private and public and press enter.
If you’re still facing the error then go to the next solution.
Solution 4: Rebooting the Browser’s Default Settings
A simple method to get rid of the Roblox error code is just to reset to the browser’s default settings.
The following are the steps to reset the browser’s default setting:
- First, open up Google Chrome.
- Then from the gear icon go to the internet option.
- Press the Reset Button in Advanced Options.
- Close the browser entirely.
After that, reopen Roblox to see whether the problem has gone away.
Solution 5: Update Your Internet Browser
If you are using the old version of the internet browser then you need to update it.
You should check your browser for updates regularly. If you are not doing it then you face the Roblox error code 279 issue.
Solution 6: Inactivate Antivirus
Sometimes third-party antivirus does not allow you to play Roblox games. It shows you the Roblox error code 279 on your screen.
To fix this issue you need to inactivate the antivirus. There are two methods to disable antivirus.
- Temporary disable
- Permanently disable
It’s your choice which option you prefer. After selecting the option then recheck whether your error code is resolved or not.
Solution 7: Change to Mainstream Web Browser
Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Edge are the top browsers for Roblox. So, if you’re currently using something else, switching to a popular web browser is a good idea.
For Google’s browser, go to the Google Chrome menu and hit on Google Chrome.
If you prefer Firefox, go to the menu and select the Firefox option.
Or if you prefer Microsoft Edge, select it from the More menu.
Check whether your Roblox error code is resolved or not. If not then go to the next solution.
Solution 8: Reduce Browser Security
Sometimes you face the Roblox error code 279 on our screen due to browser security. You should adjust Google Chrome, Firefox, and Edge security to resolve the connectivity issue.
For Chrome, select settings from the more menu. After that, go to Security and choose Standard Protection.
Go to the menu button in Firefox. Then select the privacy and security option. After that, pick the standard under enhanced tracking prevention option.
For Edge, go to the main menu and then hit on settings. Then go to privacy, search, and services and select the balanced option.
Solution 9: Inactivate Browser Extensions
Mostly your game causes the Roblox error code due to the browser extensions. To fix this error code 279 you have to disable browser extensions.
After disabling it, check whether your issue is resolved or not.
Solution 10: Inactivate Ad Blockers
We all know that some of the users use ad blockers. That’s why they can face errors in the Roblox games regularly.
So, go to Roblox and search for an Ad-block extension. After that, disable the ad-blockers and the pop-ups option.
Solution 11: Configure Your Internet Settings
Sometimes you face error code 279 on-screen due to a slow internet setting.
To set this problem follow the given steps:
- First, go to the default browser and then select the internet setting.
- Now, open the advanced setting and go to the reset button.
After that, close it and check whether your error code 279 is resolved or not.
Solution 12: Allow Access to Necessary Internet Ports
The absence of free ports in your network appears to be the source of Error code 279. Other things might be at play, so try opening all available paths and see what happens. To fix this problem follow the steps:
- First, go to the router control panel.
- Then log in as administrator and go to the port forwarding option.
- Enter your IP address and port range of 49152-65535.
After that, restart your computer and open the Roblox game to check whether your problem is solved or not.
Solution 13: Reinstall Roblox
Sometimes you face the connection error message on your screen. This is due to an old version of Roblox. Reinstalling Roblox will repair all the game servers, allowing you to play to your heart’s content.
Follow these steps to reinstall Roblox servers:
- First, go to the control panel and select the program
- Then uninstall a program and go to the Roblox and uninstall it.
- Now, reinstall the latest version of the Roblox game.
Check whether your error code 279 disappears or not.
Solution 14: Install the Roblox App from the Microsoft Store
Mostly, Roblox players continually face the error code 279 on their screen. So, all of them have to install the Roblox Microsoft store app for playing Roblox games.
You can easily start your game after signing up. If you already have it then update it.
To update it go to the more menu and then open the downloads and updates. Then select the update option and press enter.
Solution 15: Troubleshoot Network-Related Issues
Roblox users face the error code 279 on their screens. Your connection attempt fails sometimes due to network issues.
If you want to play games then you should resolve your connection problem.
- For this, go to the start menu and open the setting.
- Then go to the update and security and open the troubleshooting option.
- Then, individually, execute the Internet Connections, Incoming Links, and Network Connection troubleshooters.
Solution 16: Renewal of an IP Lease
Some Roblox players see the Roblox error codes on their screens. This is the connection attempt failure error that occurs.
To get a stable internet connection, place a fresh IP address on your routers. Follow the given steps to do so:
- Press the Window + X and then go to the Windows Powershell.
- After that, enter the given commands.
(ipconfig /release) and (ipconfig /renew)
Solution 17: Clear the DNS Cache on Your Computer
If you are facing the error code 279 on the Roblox app then you have to clear the cache.
You can flush the DNS cache with this command (Ipconfig /flushDNS) in Windows Powershell.
Solution 18: Make the Switch to a Wired Internet Connection
While playing Roblox you face the error code 279 issue due to slow internet. Try using a wired connection.
Check that your Roblox errors are resolved or not.
Solution 19: Switch DNS Servers
If you are playing Roblox and see the error code 279 on your screen. Then you should change the DNS servers for your internet connection. Follow the steps to do it:
- First, go to the setting and then hit the network and internet option.
- Then go to the internet connection and then select the edit under the IP option.
- Then select annual and activate IPv4.
- After that, enter the given commands in the preferred alternate DNS (220.127.116.11) and (18.104.22.168).
- Now, hit the save option.
Solution 20: Disable the Windows Firewall
Roblox error code 279 occurs due to the Windows Firewall. To disable the Windows Firewall follow the given steps:
- Go to the Windows Security option
- Then choose the firewall and network protection option.
- Now, select the private network.
- Turn the Windows Defender firewall off.
- Now, go to the public network and deactivate the Microsoft Defender firewall.
Solution 21: Reinstall the Roblox Player or App
If you still face the Roblox error code 279 then you should reinstall the Roblox player or app.
To reinstall follow these steps:
- Go to the start menu and then go to apps and features.
- After that, select Roblox settings and uninstall it.
- Then reinstall the Roblox player from the Microsoft store.
Reasons Why the Roblox Error Code 279 Occurs?
Many Roblox users are experiencing Roblox error code 279, due to a variety of factors. These factors are:
- Sometimes you face the Roblox disconnects due to an internet connection. So you should reset your internet settings.
- Roblox is a massive gaming platform, that’s why you can face this problem due to a large number of users.
- You can also face the empty game issue. Because sometimes important game files or elements are missing.
- Windows Firewalls also cause issues while playing games.
- Due to the old version of Roblox, you can face an error on the screen.
Interference might cause the Roblox Error Code 279 id=17, which is a connectivity problem.
Roblox error 279 occurs when the user is unable to connect to the game server. If Roblox is unable to load any games, then error codes appear.
Mostly, Low bandwidth or technical issues in ROBLOX might cause a connectivity error.
Roblox ID 17 is a connection error that occurs when you are unable to load Roblox games.