Roblox is a platform that provides its users with the ability to enjoy thousands of in-built games all the while having the option to create a game for oneself. The look and feel of games on Roblox are actually similar to what one would find while playing Minecraft. Although Roblox entertains around 65 million players globally it still is not the perfect game. One such example is the Roblox error code 277.
According to Statista, Player spending on Roblox worldwide from May 2019 to May 2020 has increased from 37.5 million USD to 102.9 million USD. Hence it is booming right now in the gaming industry.
If you were unfortunate enough to be facing Roblox error code 277 even then there is nothing to worry as I will provide you with some quick fixes to get you back to gaming ASAP.
How To Fix Roblox Error Code 277
If you are on your computer before we start any debugging it’s important to check whether your hardware meets the minimum requirement to run Roblox smoothly without causing any problems.
The Minimum PC requirement are:
- Windows – 7,8,10; If you are running Windows 8/8.1, you have to launch Roblox Desktop Mode as the Metro Mode is not supported.
- DirectX 9
- A 1.6 GHz CPU or better
- 1 GB RAM, at least 20 MB of disk storage available.
- Minimum 4-8 Mb/s internet connection speed.
So, check out this list, and if your system meets the requirement follow the top 7 reliable methods to fix Roblox Error Code 277.
01. Run The Roblox Error Code 277 Utility Tool
This error code 277 utility tool focuses on fixing the corrupt Windows registry files on your system.
Using this utility tool is the most effective way to fix Roblox error 277.
If you were wondering how to use to utility tool just follow these steps I have listed below:
- Download the Utility tool for error code 277 onto your system for the Windows registry fix.
- Next, install the software and click scan now.
- The software will run a complete scan of your system files to locate the corrupt files causing the problems.
- Once the corrupt files are located, click on Fix.
- Wait for the software to run its course.
- Restart your computer and launch Roblox.
This should have fixed the issue. However, in case the problem persists, follow the next steps.
02. Update Your Default Browser
The most recommended default browser is Chrome. And there is a good reason for that too.
Chrome is the most trusted and reliable web browser for playing any specific game on Roblox.
Roblox will update itself to its latest versions by itself.
However for that to happen you need to have the most recent version of Chrome (or whichever browser you are using) installed on your PC.
If you are not using the most updated version of Chrome it puts you at risk of running into problems like Error 277.
One more thing I would like to add to here is to make it a habit to disable your Ad-Blocker software or similar browser extensions that you might have installed on your web browser.
Such extensions and software can sometimes block more than just Ads for Roblox.
03. Run Roblox In Compatibility Mode
Roblox runs best in Windows 10. However, compatibility issues could pop up occasionally to ruin your gaming experience.
Take into consideration the fact that most games on Roblox were made to be played on an earlier version of Windows.
In short, running those games on a fresh Windows 10 will likely cause problems such as error 277.
The perfect remedy to fix compatibility problems on Windows would be to change the compatibility mode setting on Windows OR using the built-in Program Compatibility Troubleshooter.
To change the Roblox compatibility mode settings follow these steps:
- Locate the Roblox app icon on your desktop. Right-click on it and choose Properties from the drop-down menu.
- From the Properties menu, click on the compatibility tab, then tick mark ‘Run this program in compatibility mode‘.
- Next, from the drop-down menu pick the right version of windows you would want Roblox to run on your system.
- Click on the apply button. Restart the Roblox app with these settings.
If going through this process fixes your problem then enjoy your game. However, if the problem persists, follow the next instruction.
If for some reason you are unable to change your Roblox compatibility settings then run the Windows built-in Program Compatibility Troubleshooter.
Here are the steps you need to follow to run the built-in Program Compatibility Troubleshooter:
- Click on the Windows search from the tab. Or click start.
- Type ‘Run programs made for previous versions of Windows‘ and click on it from the search results.
- Click on the Next button to initiate the troubleshooter program.
- It will scan all those apps on your system with potential compatibility issues. Let the diagnosis complete first.
- Look for Roblox from the list of app with compatibility issues.
- Choose the troubleshooting option which you prefer to use.
- You can either use the recommended compatibility settings or choose the compatibility settings for yourself.
Lastly, follow the troubleshooting instructions, then click on the test the program button to see if the problem has been resolved.
If this works for your then enjoy playing games on Roblox without having to face compatibility issue.
04. Delete Roblox Log Files On Your System
You will find temporary cache files, such as game history and settings, on your computer that takes up a hefty amount on storage space.
These temporary Roblox Log files can cause problems while you are using the Roblox app so it is a wise decision to get rid of them every once in a while.
Follow these steps to clean up your drives from these Roblox temporary log files:
- Press the Windows key + R to open the run command.
- Type %localappdata%\Roblox\logs in the dialog box and press Enter.
- Now, select all these files by pressing Ctrl+A and then permanently delete these log files by pressing Shift + Delete.
- Again, open the run command, and type %USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\RbxLogs\
- Select and permanently delete all the files.
This should fix Error 277. Otherwise follow the next step below.
05. Switch Your Network Connection
You might be facing Error 277 while playing on Roblox because of a problematic network.
Some users report experiencing this error while playing Roblox on a particular network such as their home WiFi but the error disappears once they switch their network.
You could try connecting to a different network such as your mobile data to see if that works.
Moreover, a malfunctioning port your router might be using can also be the cause of this error.
It is important to understand that prior to 2018 the default UDP port range for Roblox was 1025-5000. But after the 2018 update, the port range shifted to 49152 – 65535.
For you to change the opened ports on your router follow these steps below:
- Search for your IP address from your network properties. OR type ipconfig into the cmd.exe which can be accessed from the run command.
- Next, open your browser and type in the IP address that will take you to your router’s settings page.
- Type in your username and password.
- Search for the port forwarding section and click on it.
- Next, open your preferred port range by filling out the required info.
– Name/Description– Type in Roblox.
-Type/Service Type– Enter UDP.
-Inbound/Start– Type in 49152.
-Private/End– Type in 65535.
- Lastly, enter your computer’s IP address then click the save and apply button to save your settings.
Now all you have to do is restart your router and reconnect to your network from your computer which will fix the issue.
06. Reinstall Roblox On Your Computer
If none of the previous steps have worked for you, do a clean reinstall of Roblox onto your system.
Go to the Add and Remove Programs from your control panel to uninstall Roblox and all its files. Afterwards, make a fresh reinstall of Roblox on your system.
This step should overwrite or remove any bugs preventing you from playing on Roblox.
Why Do I See Error Code 277 On Roblox?
Error 277 is primarily a server disconnection error that Roblox uses to inform its users that they are frequently disconnecting from the server.
This indicates that a network issue is causing Roblox to frequently disconnect from its servers.
A network issue could be anything ranging from a weak or poor internet connection, nonfunctional Router, server failure on Roblox’s side.
But generally it’s the corrupted windows system files, improper Roblox installation process etc.
|Cause of Error 277||Description||Remedy/Fix|
|BUGS||Bugs show up while using Roblox.||Restart your game.|
|Corrupted Windows System Files||Improper installations, temp Roblox log files on your system, software compatibility issues.||Clean up your system. Reinstall Roblox.|
|Server Disconnection on ROBLOX side||Possible Maintenance from Roblox.||Try again later.|
These are some of the basic reasons why users experience Error 277 while playing on Roblox. However, fixing this error 277 can be a bit of a challenge.
Roblox displays Error 277 as not every game is made perfect. There are always some bugs and issues here and there within a software.
The fixes discussed here are all tried and tested and these would prove to be effective. After all the whole purpose was to make sure you return back to your game ASAP.
This almost wraps up the article. Thank you for reading. Please share this article with your friends and comment your queries down below.
Now, before you go be sure to check out the FAQs as they might help you out in the future.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is an authorization error. Users will see this error is they try to join a server that they do not have access to.
A user will get this error displayed on their screens if they use unfair means to cheat through any specific game on Roblox.
This means your internet connection has been disconnected and now the game is unable to connect to the internet or the game server, hence the error.
You can fix this error by changing your browser setting my manually allowing ROBLOX to pass through your Windows Firewall and inspect your internet connection for faults and frequent disconnections.
This error code is likely to occur when you try to connect to the game. You may even get removed from the game before you receive the error code. However, the bad news is that an ‘Http’ error means that the information could not be sent from the server you are trying to connect to.
You could try to do the following:
1. Open Internet Explorer (this browser specifically)
2. Open the gear icon > Internet options.
3. Open the Advanced tab.
4. Click the Reset button.
5. Close Internet Explorer.
6. Try playing again.
You will receive a total of 15 warnings before to get banned.
These are the most common types of errors users experience. However, there are certain steps you could undertake to ensure to fix them properly.
1. Use the recommended browser Chrome.
2. Use a different network.
3. Disable Ad-blockers while playing.
4. Check your wireless connection.
5. Do a fresh re-install of Roblox.