Having to face chat party dropout issues while gaming online is really frustrating especially if you are playing games that require teamwork and tactics to win where a faulty voice chat might be the biggest hurdle between you and victory. So, for you, the easiest fix would be to log on to your Discord and continue chatting seamlessly. However, you must be wondering how to use Discord on PS4 right? Well, we do have a trick up our sleeves to assist you in using Discord for PS4.
How To Get Discord On PS4?
First of all, you must be wondering, can you get Discord on PS4?
The simple answer is that you can get Discord on PlayStation 4, all you have to do is sign-in to the app.
Follow these steps to get Discord on PlayStation 4:
- First, open your Discord Account on any available device such as your PC or Phone.
- Next, locate the Internet Browser on your PS4.
- Type in ‘discord.com’ in the Internet Browser URL on your PS4.
- Click on Open and fill up the account and password information.
- Login to your Discord Account and enjoy.
“The chat app built initially for gamers has been steadily expanding outside that world as it’s increasingly used by YouTube personalities, podcasters, hackers, and more. Overall, the company says it counts more than 250 million registered users, or basically the same number of people who’ve signed up to play the cultural phenom Fortnight. More than 56 million people log in each month on the app, …”says Ian Sherr from CNET.
Discord has not yet launched an app that would work on PlayStation 4 but that does not mean you have to wait for the app before you can use it on PS4.
This will definitely take longer than it would if you were trying to install Discord on PC or Xbox and might be a bit tedious as well.
However, you have nothing to worry about as we will take you through this process step by step.
Please note that in order for you to access Discord on PlayStation 4 there are some requirements you would have to fulfill beforehand.
Requirements To Set Up Discord On PS4
To begin with you would need:
- Headset similar to the A40 TR Headset that has an optical cable and possesses a USB connection.
- Mixamp similar to the Mixamp Pro TR for switching audio between your PS4 and Desktop.
- Cables – 3.5mm Male to Male.
- 3.5mm Aux Splitter.
- PC with windows installed(Mac OS/Linux) or Phone.
The requirements mentioned above should not break your wallet which makes this fix a lot feasible.
After following the requirements thoroughly what you would need to do is go through the steps which would show you how to use Discord on your PS4.
How To Use Discord on PS4
Follow these few steps to use Discord on PS4:
- First of all, you have to connect the optical cables between your Mixamp Pro TR and PS4 for switching audio.
- Next, head over to your PS4 Settings.
- Go to Sound and Screen.
- Next, go to Audio Output Settings and change the Primary Output Port to Digital Output.
- Now connect one end to the USB cable to your computer and the other end of the USB cable to your base station. Make sure your base station remains in the PC mode otherwise it will not work.
- Open Discord on your computer and change the input device in voice settings to your Mixamp Pro TR.
- Use the recommended 3.5 mm audio jack and run it from your computer audio port.
- Go back to your voice settings in Discord and modify the output device to your computer’s audio port.
Following these steps carefully will allow you to access Discord voice chat capabilities on your PS4.
Please note: You will not be able to hear anything coming from your computer as your PlayStation 4 is accessing the primary audio from your Mixamp Pro TR.
However, in case you wanted to do so, you can with a quick fix.
Just connect the 3.5 mm audio cable(male to male) to your computer and to the AUX(auxiliary) port on your Mixamp Pro TR.
How To Get PS4 Party Chat On PC?
PlayStation party chat is a useful feature available on PS4 which allows you to voice chat with teammates or other players while gaming and also permits you to share your screen with the party you are connected.
Over 110 Million players have a PlayStation Network account registered (as of 2013) which means a large number of those players are also actively using PS4 Party Chat.
However, users have asked whether they may be able to access the PlayStation party on their computers.
Well, they can, and the only thing they would need to do is follow the steps we have put forward.
To join PlayStation Party Chat on PC:
- Download the PS4 remote play app on your computer.
- Log in to the PS4 remote play app using your PlayStation Network account.
- Turn ON your PlayStation 4.
- Connect to the Party Chat from your computer.
- Run the Remote play software in the background.
This should allow you to access PlayStation party chat on your computer.
Discord is likely to be made available for the upcoming latest generation on PlayStation, the PS5.
However, for the time being, and those of you PS4 users this fix should suffice as it allows to you access Discord on your PS4.
That’s all for this post. We hope you were able to benefit from this article and got your issues fixed. Please leave a comment if you have any queries. Like and Share this post with your friends. Thank you for reading.
Frequently Asked Questions
Discord is available to download for PC and Xbox. However, for PS4 users the scenario is a bit different as Discord is not officially available to use on PS4. You can follow our instructions to get Discord on your PS4.
You can join PlayStation party chat on PC via the PS4 remote play app. Download this app on to your computer and run it on the background.
You could download an app similar to Discord developed by a third party developer which basically allows you to see your PS4 activity via your computer.
The app is called PlayStationDiscord.
Discord is not officially launched for PS4. But you could access Discord through your internet browser in your PS4.
What you could do is download PS4 Remote Play software on your PC. Then log in to your PSN account on this software.
Afterwards, you can turn on your PS4 and connect to party chat on your PC and then let the software run in the background
You can freely voice chat while gaming using Discord on your PS4. All you have to do is first get Discord for your PS4 and meet the requirements prior to using discord on your PS4.